Evans Mirageas is currently The Harry T. Wilks Artistic Director of Cincinnati Opera and the Vice-President for Artistic Planning and Operations for The Atlanta Symphony. Evans Mirageas Consulting clients at present include l‘Orchestre symphonique de Montréal and The Mann Center for the Performing Arts (summer home of the Philadelphia Orchestra). Individuals include conductors David Charles Abell and Mei Ann Chen.
Evans' thirty-five year plus experience in the arts has also included symphony administration with The Boston Symphony, radio production with WFMT, Chicago. Evans is a graduate of the University of Michigan and a native of Ann Arbor, Michigan.
Evans and his partner Thomas Dreeze founded Evans Mirageas Consulting in 1999 following a seven-year appointment as Senior Vice-President of Artists and Repertoire for Decca Records in London, England. Evans offers:
- Strategic and artistic planning for arts organizations and individuals. This can include short term consultancies while vacancies are being filled and longer term relationships to boost organizational profiles both nationally and internationally
- Media strategy including - audio and video recording production and distribution, internet presence
- Conductor and Executive Director searches
- General career counseling
- Lectures, pre and post-concert talks, podcasts and program book writing
Evans has been a presenter and lecturer at New York's Mostly Mozart, The Brooklyn Academy of Music, the symphony orchestras of Atlanta, St. Louis and Milwaukee. His record production credits include releases on Decca, Innova, AVIE and Warner Classics. His executive and artistic search activities have included the Cincinnati Symphony, The Brooklyn Philharmonic and the Chicago Sinfonietta.